A Sales Systems Engineer (SE) is a member of the sales team whose goal is to assist the sales team in achieving its goals by selling the RecoverX solution and associated professional services to new and installed base customers. The Sales Engineer will function as a focused technical lead and sales engineer.
- Provide technical presales consulting to sales team with the end goal of acquiring new customers and expanding the footprint in existing customer environments.
- Conduct product demonstrations on web and face-to-face meetings, field marketing cvents, webinars, meetups and industry events.
- Assist the sales team in identifying customers’ business and technical requirements during the sales cycle and determining appropriate actions.
- Develop and finalize solution architecture/configurations.
- Function as a subject matter expert (SME) for technical staff regarding proposed RecoverX solution design, configuration, implementation, and testing specifics.
- Function as a technical liaison to Engineering and other internal teams.
- Conduct knowledge transfers with the implementation team regarding proposed deployment.
- Strong customer facing experience
- Solutions selling sales cycle understanding
- Generating and presenting customer facing presentations
- Advanced written and oral communication skills
- Ability to discuss and sell technical best practices and solutions to engineering and management level customer contacts
- Proven successful experience managing the technical aspect of a complex sales cycles
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment
- Driven, ambitious, and relentless work ethic
- Highly coachable with a strong desire to improve and grow as a professional
- Travel up to 50%
- Big Data experience: Cassandra, MongoDB, Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Storm
Education and Experience
- BS in Computer Science or related technical degree required, or equivalent experience
- Five years of applicable technical pre-sales engineering experience or in a consulting role