Next-Generation Backup and Recovery for MongoDB
Application-consistent backup, any point-in-time recovery, sharded and unsharded MongoDB clusters, geo-distributed MongoDB deployments
- Full-featured policy management engine
- Fast, consistent backups for large scale database clusters (hundreds of nodes and hundreds of TBs)
Recover in Minutes, not Hours
- Single-click, fully orchestrated recovery
- Any point in time recovery up to the last few seconds
- Flexible recovery to the same or different topology MongoDB clusters
- Turbo fast recovery times leading to reduced application downtime
Increase Ops Efficiency
- Leverage backup copies for use-cases such as migrations, test/dev and database cloning
- Significantly lower TCO with no requirement for media servers
- 10x deployment ease and efficiency when compared with MMS OpsManager
- 70% reduction in backup storage costs
To harness the power of the cloud and to drive growth, organizations are increasingly turning to scalable, distributed databases such as MongoDB to build next generation customer-centric applications.
This fundamental shift raises critical issues in the lifecycle of data management and data protection for non-relational and NoSQL databases such as MongoDB.
The Data Protection Use Cases
- Backup and Recovery (collection-level and/or database-level)
- Non-operational recovery use cases such as migrations and test/dev
- Support for private cloud deployment with applicability in VMWare environments and NFS storage
- Support for public cloud deployment with applicability in cloud-native compute and storage services on AWS and GCP
THE SOLUTION: RECOVER X
Datos IO RecoverX is scale-out, elastic software-only data protection product that delivers scalable and fully featured point-in-time backup and automated recovery for next-generation applications built on MongoDB database. Datos IO RecoverX software and ease of deployment leads to 70%+ TCO savings for customers when compared with native solutions or any other tools.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
Datos IO RecoverX is built to address the unique data protection requirements of database administrators (DBAs) and application developers building applications on MongoDB databases.
Scale-out Backup and Recovery Architecture
Datos IO RecoverX is founded upon Consistent Orchestrated Distributed Recovery (CODR), cloud-first, scale-out data management architecture. CODR uses elastic compute services that can be autoscaled with application load and removes any dependency on media servers for data movement from database clusters to backup storage.
RecoverX creates application-consistent point-in-time backup copy of MongoDB collections (both sharded clusters and unsharded clusters) at user-specified intervals across all shards without quiescing the MongoDB database.
Fully Orchestrated and Granular Recovery
Datos IO RecoverX provides fully orchestrated, any point-in-time (APIT) recovery for all combinations of recovery including sharded cluster to unsharded cluster, sharded cluster to sharded cluster. MongoDB collections can be recovered directly to the same MongoDB database for operational recovery and/or recovered to a different MongoDB database instance for test/dev refresh use case.
Any Cloud: Private Cloud, Hybrid Cloud, and Public Cloud
Datos IO RecoverX is a software-only product that can be deployed on a physical server, a virtual machine for private cloud deployments or any cloud-native compute instance (for example, Amazon EC2).
Policy Based Operational Management
With powerful policy-based data protection engine, Datos IO RecoverX empowers database administrators (DBAs), DevOps and IT operations teams to be able to schedule backup policies at any granularity that they need, make changes to existing policies such as retention time period and others, pause/resume backup operations, and remove backup policies.
Simplification of deployment process and infrastructure is a key advantage of Datos IO RecoverX. Most native solutions require provisioning and configuration of several servers, databases and storage repositories. RecoverX requires only a single virtual machine or cloud compute instance for deployment.
Native Integration with MongoDB
Datos IO RecoverX operates at the oplog level, leverages the well-defined methods of config server, and other metadata information needed to provide customers with fully featured backup and recovery product. Datos IO RecoverX supports latest MongoDB production releases with MongoDB v3.2 and v3.4.